The ZNA has attractive conditions of service, which include flexible but secure terms of engagement, a complete set of uniform, a good salary commensurate with one's rank and experience. There are 3 types of engagements as which are as follows:
Summary of the terms of engagements:
- Initial Engagement - 3 years.
- Medium Engagement - 7 years.
- Permanent Engagement - continuous up to the age of 50 years.
NB: Individuals can opt to renew or terminate their terms of engagement. A member attains pensionable service upon completion of 20 years service or attaining the age of 50, whichever comes first.
Other benefits include the following:
- Subsidised accommodation for married members.
- Free commuting transport.
- Free barrack room accommodation for single members.
- Free medical services.
- Degree and Diploma programs offered to members through associate and affiliate status arrangements with local institutions of higher learning.